Treatment of Alzheimer's Disease
Medications and Non-Drug Interventions
Get the low-down on medications for Alzheimer's disease, as well as learn about some non-drug approaches that you can use to treat Alzheimer's and respond to its challenges.
- Treatment of Alzheimer's Disease
- Non-Drug Interventions for Challenging Behaviors
- Medications for Emotional and Behavioral Symptoms in Alzheimer's
- 6 Ways Physical Exercise Benefits People with Alzheimer's Disease
- Ideas for Meaningful Activities for People with Dementia
- How to Prevent and Reduce Incontinence in Dementia
- Coconut Oil: Is It Effective in Treating Alzheimer's Disease?
- How to Help a Loved One with Dementia When He Has to Go to the ER
- Living with Alzheimer's: 5 Ways to Preserve Memories
- All About Aricept
- All About Exelon
- All About Namenda
- All About Razadyne
- Melatonin as a Treatment for Alzheimer's
Healthcare Resources and Professionals
After a diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease, it's essential to work effectively with the health care team and understand your options. Learn how to advocate for your loved one, weigh the different options for professional care and what holistic care for Alzheimer's looks like.
- Advocating for a Loved One with Dementia
- 6 Options for In-Home Help
- Home Health Care and Alzheimer’s
- How to Know When It's Time for a Nursing Home
- 9 Tips on Researching and Choosing a Nursing Home
- Would a Special Dementia Unit Benefit My Loved One with Alzheimer's?
- What is Holistic Care?
- Choosing an Alzheimer's Doctor
While we can't immunize ourselves against Alzheimer's, scientists have discovered several risk factors that influence our chances of developing the disease. Some factors are out of our control, but others depend on our own decisions and habits. Find out how to reduce your risk for developing Alzheimer's by making healthy lifestyle choices.