Symptoms / Diagnosis of Alzheimer's Disease
Alzheimer's and Other Types of Dementia
Although the majority of dementia is caused by Alzheimer's, there are several other types of dementia as well. Learning the basics of Alzheimer's disease and other dementias can increase understanding and help you cope with the challenges more effectively.
- What is Alzheimer's Disease?
- What Is Dementia? How Is It Different from Alzheimer's?
- Is It Alzheimer's Disease or Vitamin B12 Deficiency?
- Is It Mild Cognitive Impairment of Alzheimer's Disease?
- Early-Onset Alzheimer's Disease
- Lewy Body Dementia and Alzheimer's: What's the Difference?
- What's the Difference Between Vascular Dementia and Alzheimer's?
- Huntington's Disease
- Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease: What Is It and How Is It Different Than Alzheimer's?
- What Is Frontotemporal Dementia?
- Behavioral Variant Frontotemporal Dementia
- Progressive Supranuclear Palsy
- Corticobasal Degeneration
- Primary Progressive Aphasia
- Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
- What Is Cognitive Reserve?
While each person with Alzheimer's is unique, some trademark signs and symptoms occur as the disease progresses.
- Signs and Symptoms of Alzheimer's Disease
- Mild Dementia: What to Expect in the Early Stages of Alzheimer's
- Moderate Dementia: What to Expect in the Middle Stages of Alzheimer's
- How Is Short-Term Memory Affected by Alzheimer's Disease?
- How Is Long Term Memory Affected by Alzheimer's Disease?
- Wandering and Alzheimer's Disease
- 6 Examples of Poor Judgment in Alzheimer's Disease
- Paranoia and Delusions in Alzheimer's
- Coping with and Responding to Challenging Behaviors in Dementia
- Hoarding and Alzheimer's Disease
- Osessive-Compulsive Behavior and Dementia
- Alzheimer's and Sexual Behavior
- Alzheimer's Disease and Sleep Disturbance
- Managing Anxiety in Alzheimer's Disease
No single test can definitively diagnose Alzheimer's disease. However, a qualified physician who completes several steps can diagnose Alzheimer's with over 90% accuracy.
- How Is Alzheimer's Diagnosed?
- The Clock-Drawing Test
- Use of the Verbal Fluency Test to Screen for Dementia
- The Trail Making Test and Its Use as a Screening Tool for Dementia
- What's the Difference Between Alzheiemr's and Vascular Dementia?